Outlook Express to Outlook 2000

ame 22:43 06 Sep 05

I am trying to change my mail default client to Outlook 2000, having used Outlook Express for years, so I can use the archive facility. Despite importing my dialup and ADSL accounts, I still get the message that the Tiscali server could not be found when checking for mail. (Error Number 0x800ccc0d)How can this be when both accounts seem to be there when checking Tools, Accounts, and I've even tried setting up the ADSL account in Outlook again under a different name?

VoG II 22:48 06 Sep 05
  ame 00:01 07 Sep 05

Thanks, VoG - tried that and connection working. Not surprising since Outlook Express still sends/receives e-mail. Problem must be with Outlook settings rather than any connection difficulties. I did try setting Outlook as the default mail client, but no difference. Weird, but probably a simple problem if you know what you're doing!! Still running Win98SE, by the way.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…