Outlook Express, Outbox problem.

pj123 11:18 01 Apr 05

Just spent 45 minutes on the fone trying to talk a friend through a problem to no avail at the moment.

He tried to email me some photo’s (too many at once I think) and it failed after about an hour and locked up his PC. Now every time he boots up it tries to send the email again,

I think someone has stopped it doing that for him now but if he tries to delete the email from the Outbox the PC just locks up again. Now he cannot send emails only receive.

Running Win 98SE, IE6, OE6 and is on NTL Broadband.

Tried closing all the protection down, (Adaware, Spybot, Spywareblaster, AVG and Sygate Firewall) but makes no difference.

Any help please?

Thank you.

bamfiesler 11:21 01 Apr 05

did he delete the 'Outbox' files??

pj123 11:36 01 Apr 05

bamfiesler, yes tried that but everytime he highlights the message for deletion, there is no delete option and the PC locks up.

john-232317 11:42 01 Apr 05

There was another thread about this problem, but its not in search, wrong title.... and i cant remember what the cure was. I think i posted on it, i will see if i can find it in my posts.

john-232317 11:49 01 Apr 05

Similar but not the one, try mail2web.com

click here

pj123 12:09 01 Apr 05

dadyassa, thanks for that. Although this is an outgoing email it is worth a try. Will contact him.

GroupFC 13:05 01 Apr 05

A shot in the dark this but - could he not search for the file outbox.dbx and then delete this which will presumably get rid of the offending item?

pj123 13:07 01 Apr 05

GroupFC, will give that a go as well. Thanks

pj123 16:01 01 Apr 05

Pleased to advise:

GroupFC solution worked. When I did a search on my PC for outlook.dbx I found 6 files. My friend only found one which he deleted. He is now back to normal. Thank you guys.
Problem solved. Ticked.

GroupFC 18:56 01 Apr 05

I'm glad it worked - I don't have many inspirational moments but that was one of them! I am more of a lurker than a solution provider so I'm even more pleased that I was able to help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…