Outlook Express - Out of Office Assistant ??

Dirty Dick 11:50 15 Apr 04

At work I use Microsoft Outlook and there is a useful "Out of Office Assistant" that replies to senders saying that I am on holiday and I can type in when I am back to the dreary desk!

At home I use Outlook Express. Is there any such facility in this program

Sir Radfordin 12:21 15 Apr 04

Short answer is no.

The longer answer is that Out of Office Assistant is only available with Outlook when it is uesd in an Exchange Server environmnet. Even if you swaped OE for Outlook at home OoOA would still not be available.

You can create rules that reply to messages saying you are away, but you would need to get OE to collect your emails and send the responses. If you are on dial-up this will be a problem.

A few months ago people were warned not to use OoOA or replies saying they would be away because of the potential security risks. Its the same reason why you cancel your milk/newspaper and some people ask the Post Office to keep back their mail until they are back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…