Outlook Express - the "From" option in Compose

swapper 18:06 22 Mar 09

I am using Outlook express v6, with a few different addresses.
When I used to open "Compose message", The window opened showing the From, To, CC, BCC and Subject options.
I now find that the "From" option has disappeared.

As I found this very useful, can anyone tell me how to get this back please?

tia

Clapton is God 18:25 22 Mar 09

If you have a "few different addresses" you probably need to set one as the default address in OE.

Sea Urchin 18:33 22 Mar 09

If you have more than one address in OE6 then the first one added will be the default unless changed by the user. The fact that you have more than one address should automatically make the From line display - when looking under Tools/Accounts/Mail do you definitely have several active accounts listed?

swapper 17:31 25 Mar 09

Hello,

Sorry for the long delay, but I have been trying to resolve this.
When I look at tools-accounts-options, I see that they are all "Default".
How can I change this please?

Sea Urchin 17:38 25 Mar 09

You say you go to Tools/Accounts/Options. When you go to Tools/Accounts you should then be on the Mail tab listing all your Accounts.

Are you saying that under "Type" they all have the word Default in brackets? If so then this defies logic. All I can suggest is highlight the account you wish to be the default and then click the Set as Default button - and see what happens.

swapper 20:54 25 Mar 09

I think I have added the addresses wrongly somehow, I have just addded a new address and the default option is still open, with the original as default, so I am going to remove the other addres and re enter them, I'll come back and let you know, but thanks for the nudge.

swapper 07:54 26 Mar 09

Sorted and thank you, I had added new addresses incorrectly, which I have now corrected.
thanks again

Sea Urchin 11:44 26 Mar 09

Good to hear it's sorted - thanks for the feedback

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…