Outlook Express - opening new folder

nicander 13:18 15 Feb 07

Outlook Express 6 in our new Dell computer is refusing point blank to allow us to open new folders. Click on "New folder, or press Ctrl, Shift and E, and nothing happens. What can we do? Same problem over moving and copying files, although there we can get round it by dragging and dropping.

recap 13:33 15 Feb 07

Try to create a new folder by 'right clicking' on Local Folder and selecting 'New Folder...'

nicander 14:08 15 Feb 07

Thanks. However, I've just tried this and it doesn't work.

recap 14:49 15 Feb 07

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling it?

To download a fresh copy of OE 6 click here

Before doing this it would be wise to back-up OE6 accounts and emails. To do this click here

nicander 17:12 15 Feb 07

Thanks again. Yes, I'd better try this - probably not immediately, as I'll need to check carefully that I back up the content correctly. Will post when done.

Technotiger 17:32 15 Feb 07

I have not looked through this lot, but you might find something to help ...

click here

click here

Technotiger 17:34 15 Feb 07

PS - there are several OE Fix tools on the left of my second link.

nicander 19:53 15 Feb 07

Thanks - quite a list! A lot of the references don't look relevant, but are BugFix and RegistryFix good programmes?

skidzy 20:04 15 Feb 07

If using IE6 also this fix may help click here

nicander 20:09 15 Feb 07

Message to recap: Outlook Express does not appear in my Add/Remove programmes list, nor does it have an uninstall file in C:\prorams\Outlook Express - how do you uninstall it? Also your link to the Microsoft page has a lot of download options for Internet Explorer (one including Outlook Express) but I can't see any for OE on its own.

skidzy 20:12 15 Feb 07

Just had a look around,if you highlight a message from your inbox then file/folder/new you can create a new folder.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…