outlook express [office 2003] problem

howard64 17:27 04 Nov 07

My sister has the following error message when she tries to end an email in outlook express. There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password was rejected. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com (1)', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Error logging in. Please visit click here', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92. All information is correct but it refuses to accept it. Incoming emails are fine it is just the sending. I do not use this prog myself so cannot help. Could someone suggest a remedy. This has been working fine up till the pc crashed on Friday. System restore to an earlier date did not fix the problem. As always any suggestions appreciated.

FreeCell 17:43 04 Nov 07

Is she using ZoneAlarm as a firewall by any chance? This problem occurs when the anti-virus program she (should be)is using is not included correctly in the permissions for ZoneAlarm.

Batch 18:51 04 Nov 07

It could just be that there's a prob with the bt authorisation server. I've occassionaly had similar messages with other ISPs - they just clear up of their own (hopefully reasonably quickly)

Newuser939 09:57 05 Nov 07

Just don't forget that with btinternet email, the setting under "Outgoing Server" needs to have "My outgoing server requires authentication" ticked.

howard64 12:11 05 Nov 07

My sister has 2 pcs her old original and the newer one with the problem. Both have identical settings for outlook express and the old one works perfectly. It is the new one which appears to have everything set ok that receives but will not send. The password log in box keeps coming up and refuses to accept the correct info. When this pc tries to send the error message is that the senders email address has not been accepted.

johnnyrocker 12:15 05 Nov 07

tell her to try mailing herself on the a/c that does not work. also has new a/c been set up via bt as they need to authorise?

johnny.

johnnyrocker 12:15 05 Nov 07

tell her to try mailing herself on the a/c that does not work. also has new a/c been set up via bt as they may need to authorise?

johnny.

VoG II 12:38 05 Nov 07
  howard64 14:06 05 Nov 07

thanks VoG™ when I talk with my sister in Somerset later on I will guide her through that procedure. I will do my best not to have to go down there as it is a long drive from home near Gatwick airport.

howard64 10:39 08 Nov 07

thanks VoG™ I took my sister through the procedure and followed with the link to the msdatabase to do the same with outlook. After rebooting everything was back to normal. Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…