Outlook express with ntl

MIKE 09:35 09 Apr 05

I am trying to set up an email address on outlook express for a customer using ntl broadband. I have set Incoming mail pop3 to pop.ntlworld.com and the outgoing mail smtp to smtp.ntlworld.com with all the appropriate name and password. I have checked to see if SSL is enabled which it is not. But I still cannot get outlook to work below is the error message I get. Any ideas would be appreciated.

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Server: 'smtp.ntlworld.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 relaying mail to hotmail.com is not allowed', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Rogerfredo 10:26 09 Apr 05

I would contact NTL. The error message states that their server is blocking the transfer to hotmail.

Wak 11:12 09 Apr 05

Hi Mike, does the Hotmail account belong to the person who is having the problems?
I could be wrong on this but I don't think Hotmail will co-operate with O.E.
I tried to set up a Hotmail account for myself and it just wouldn't work with O.E.
I think I read something about it on the Hotmail site.
I don't think it is anything to do with NTL (which I also have). It's to do with either Hotmail & O.E. or Hotmail & Mailwasher.
One of them is incompatible with the other.
Like I say, I could be wrong but it's something else for you to check out.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:30 09 Apr 05

Surely the address will need to be @ntlworld.com to be accecpted by NTL server.

To send and recieve Hotmail my daughters logon to the Hotmail site.

BRYNIT 13:08 09 Apr 05

I may be rong but if it is a hotmail account should'nt it be pop.hotmail.com and not ntlworld.com

MIKE 13:36 09 Apr 05

Sorry guys for not coming back earlier been somewhat busy. I don't think I made myself clear the hotmail account belongs to me not the customer. After the customer said she was having trouble I set up her ntl email account (her user name and password)and send an email to myself on my PC, to see if it was an error at her end or mine, it seems to be at both. I can use hotmail & outlook express to send and recieve emails on my PC. The problem seems to be when using NTL to send it causes an error. I have spoken to NTL's help desk they inform me sending to hotmail should cause no problems.

MIKE 16:41 09 Apr 05

bump

lotvic 00:41 10 Apr 05

Harv4 is having nearly EXACTLY the same problem with ntl

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…