Outlook Express not working with Norton Antivirus

MASHAM 17:33 01 Feb 06

Please may I ask your help? I am running Windows XP and have just signed up with Bulldog Broadband, which is working very well. However, I cannot send or receive e-mails from Outlook Express unless I disable Norton Anti-Virus programme, in which case it works well. Presumably Norton is blocking OE ; is there a way to sort this out?
Many thanks.
Masham

PaulB2005 17:41 01 Feb 06

What version of Norton AV are you running?

Have you run Live Update recently as a recent update did cause problems for some peoples e-mails.

sunny staines 17:46 01 Feb 06

my fix was to
delete norton in the control panel add/remove then reinstall from the norton cd all should be ok.

pj123 17:48 01 Feb 06

Obviously, the best way is to uninstall everything Norton.
Norton seems to be a very resource hog.

Try these free programs. AVG, Adaware, Sypbot, Spywareblaster and Zonealarm.

AVG from: click here

Adaware from: click here

Spybot from:
click here

Spywareblaster from:
click here

Zonealarm from:
click here

MASHAM 18:23 02 Feb 06

Many thanks. My version of Norton is 2005 and yes, I did use Live Update recently.

MASHAM 18:24 02 Feb 06

Many thanks. Will try your suggestions!

Lettervanman 18:34 02 Feb 06

May save you all that trouble!

click here

MASHAM 19:25 03 Feb 06

Thank you all very much - problem resolved by uninstalling Norton and then re-installing. I am extremely grateful to everyone who offered suggestions!

anskyber 19:37 03 Feb 06

Glad you are up and running but just a thought. After similar problems with 2005 I decided to look elsewhere and as a result get a faster PC unincumbered by what appears to be an invasve 2005. I therefore refer to the right honorable gentleman above regarding his advice! pj123

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced