Outlook Express not responding

Severn Bore 18:39 05 Apr 03

I have been using Outlook Express for many months without problem. However in the past few days it stops responding as soon as it has finished loading, but it works perfectly OK if I start it from within Internet Explorer.
Presuming the program has become corrupted, is it possible to simple reinstall it over the current install to repair any damaged files?

AndySD 19:56 05 Apr 03

What is your Operating System and Version of IE?

bluecairn 20:14 05 Apr 03

on outlook express every time i try to send an \e/ mail the modem disconects. Also if i try to download an attachment it also disconeccts!
Any ideas?

harryuk 20:46 05 Apr 03

had the prob last week if you can get into find delet e-mails from inbox it worked for me it might be a bad e-mail.

Peter E 20:51 05 Apr 03

Try Tools - Options - Connection and ensure that the "Hang up after sending and receiving" box is not ticked.

Severn Bore

Cannot think what the problem might be but I don't think a reinstall over the current install will do any harm.

peter e

Severn Bore 10:00 06 Apr 03

Hi Thanks for the comments. Have tried all of these things other than the reinstall. Will give it a go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…