Outlook Express - Not Responding

fpg 17:18 30 Nov 04

Outlook Express just will not work. After a few clicks to wake it up the "Not Responding" bar is displayed. I have tried to reinstall it but it is still frozen. System has Win XP Pro.

Remote suspect is Adobe Photo Album conflict witn sending pictures ??

Any suggestions welcome to unfreeze Outlook Express.

john-232317 20:07 30 Nov 04

Just googled this, but dont know what its like,but its free.

If no good copy and paste your title in google there is loads of stuff on it ;-))

john-232317 20:07 30 Nov 04

Just googled this, but dont know what its like,but its free.

click here

If no good copy and paste your title in google there is loads of stuff on it ;-))

JoeC 20:08 30 Nov 04
  john-232317 20:08 30 Nov 04

oooooooooooops

fpg 09:44 03 Dec 04

Thanks all for useful leads.
I have visited the sites and will get to work this weekend and try the various solutions.

Will report back

fpg 21:56 03 Dec 04

I downloaded the PC Bug Doctor and was astonished when it said there were "667 potentially dangerous errors" To cure them it is $40 for 30 days' use.

All I thought was wrong with my PC was a frozen Outlook Exp and a v. slow dial up connection.

So I tried PCTools and their software scan said my PC had 856 errors. To buy the "cure" is $30 for a single PC.

How could a PC work with so many errors?

fpg 22:03 03 Dec 04

I followed JoeC's lead and printed out the help file. It pointed to a corrupt .dbx file in Outlook Exp. All my files are open (not hidden) but a search cannot find any *.dbx files ? This must be one of the 856 errors.

I need advice from a boffin.

john-232317 08:49 04 Dec 04

Soory about that link i gave you, but like i said i have no experience of the proggie.

sounds a bit of a ripoff if you ask me, like you say if there is 600 / 800 errors there`s not much working right ;-))

Have you tried just a repair of OE ?

Steven W 08:58 04 Dec 04

What anti virus are you running?

BurrWalnut 09:10 04 Dec 04

Believe it or not the majority of crashes and failed start-ups in Outlook Express are caused by corrupted dbx files.

This may work. Open OE, then click File, Folder and click Compact All. Close OE, then reopen it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…