Outlook Express not responding

skiman 09:22 07 Sep 03

I was deleting old e-mails from my inbox. I went to the deleted folder to empty it. That was fine. I went back to my inbox and OE just hung. I closed down and rebooted, but although I can get into Internet Explorer and onto the web fine, if I click on the OE icon I get OE 6 box come up and then an empty frame with Outlook Express provided by... at the top, bit the egg-timer keeps on spinning. Control/alt/del reveals OE is not responding. It will not even bring up my dial up box. I did have IE 5.5 and tried downloading the IE6 update from Microsoft which installed successfully. I now have OE 6, but still can't get into it. Any suggestions anyone. I'm using Windows 98.

VoG II 09:42 07 Sep 03

Corrupt or missing files? click here

Wak 19:17 07 Sep 03

Have you tried running the Internet Explorer Repair program as this also repairs Outlook Express??

skiman 01:34 09 Sep 03

Thanks vOg and wak, but Ihave sorted the prob now. It was a corrupt inbox. I changed its name, and then OE created me a new, empty one. Then I downloaded a utility that extracts e-mails from a corrupt inbox and you can then drag them back into your new inbox. A bit long winded, but highly successful. I'm amazed that Microsoft Knowledge base had nothing about my specific problem though. Cheers again guys

Peverelli 18:12 09 Sep 03

Which utility did you download "that extracts e-mails from a corrupt inbox"?

This info could be useful for many people on this site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…