Outlook Express not opening after hard drive goes

micky83 19:37 21 Jun 04

hello anybody, a silver surfer here having problems with outlook express. I have checked the archives but no similar problem noted.

When my hard dive goes into standy mode and stops spinning, a single click on any icon, including Internet Explorer will wake it up and the corresponding programme works as normal. This does not happen with Outlook express, an error message saying that a previous version of OE is aleady open,when it clearly is not. Using Alt control delete indicates that Msimm is running and a second Msimm (is not responsding). Any attemtp to shut down either of these Msimm tasks results in the sytem locking up and requires a complete reboot. This problem does not occures if the hard drive is running and OE opens without any problem.

Sorry to be so long winded, but can anybody offer any help or advice.

johnsims 19:41 21 Jun 04

Have you got OE set up to automatically do a periodic send and receive? If so try disabling this and see if the problem recurs.

woodchip 19:42 21 Jun 04

Program Bug

woodchip 19:45 21 Jun 04

I do not use standby mode, as it's more trouble than it's worth. if you are not doing anything with comp turn the monitor of. But you also need to disable standby mode

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…