Outlook Express not downloading!

Squidge 10:44 05 Mar 04

Hi anyone who can help! I always retreive my hotmail messages via my Outlook Express on my desktop, but from yesterday it stopped downloading the messages - it just brings up a box saying 'checking for messages'which would carry on for hours I am sure. I now have to go to the MSN Hotmail page to look at them. I have no idea why this is happening. I am on Broadband and my internet works fine. I am useless with things like this!

Old Shep 12:54 05 Mar 04

What ISP are you with. It is doing that with Freeserve at the moment, any message takes hours to reach you???

Stuartli 13:01 05 Mar 04

Tiscali has also been having problems with e-mails.

Squidge 14:52 05 Mar 04

I am with Blue Yonder and it is still doing it. It doesn't go automatically to 'checking mail....' and 'receving mail' which it always use to as soon as I clicked onto OUtlook. How long will this problem last?

Terry Brown 15:15 05 Mar 04

Have you changed your Email address (or added alias's lately) and not checked to see if old Email addressed to your previous addresses is still on the server. This will cause the problem you have.Try going to click here, login and download all your email from there, using all (if any ) old Email accounts.

Stuartli 15:47 05 Mar 04

Have you checked on the Blue Yonder website whether it is posting any problems with e-mail deliveries?

Squidge 19:27 05 Mar 04

Hello TERRY and STUARTLI... No I have not changed my e-mail address lately and no I haven't checked website for Blue Yonder but I will now...thanks! Squidgy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…