Outlook Express-no view in the preview window!

jonesthelimp 13:53 12 Jul 04

This morning I downloaded a batch of emails using Outlook Expres (v6.0, Freeserve account, Windows XP)

They all downloaded but I cannot see them, or my myriad archived emails in the preview window.

However, if I save the contents of the preview window to desktop or floppy I can open both message and attachments quite happily as.eml files.

Any explanations/advice gratefully received

Trev

Djohn 15:01 12 Jul 04

Is the preview window showing, or do you just have the one main window on show? If it's not showing, go to View/Layout, place a tick in the box. "Show preview pane"

Stuartli 15:25 12 Jul 04

If you are wise you will keep the Preview Pane permanently disabled.

It's a known instant route into your system for e-mail viruses - just one click can set them loose.

However, with Preview Pane disabled, you can see your e-mails in list form.

Those that you are happy with you can open by left clicking; if not, right click, select Properties and then read the header.

The message itself can be read from Message Source. If you are happy, then just Cancel and read as normal; if not, Cancel back to the highlighted message line and then use the Toolbar Delete button to get rid of it (them).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…