Outlook Express - New Account Dial Up

Border View 11:25 03 Oct 03

Please forgive me if this sounds like a silly question, but...

I'm with LineOne and only have one e-mail account with them. Using POP3 etc. I have set up an account with Talk21 and have tried adding this e-mail account to my Outlook Express. OK so far. When its all completed the little screen shows that my LineOne e-mail (default) will dial up LineOne but the Talk21 will dial up any available. I only have one ISP. What other number could Talk21 dial up or will it connect via LineOne after my LineOne e-mail has checked for outgoing and incoming mail.

Sorry again if this sounds silly but my phone bill is bad enough as it is and I don't want Talk21 dialling up another number.

Would appreciate your comments. Thank you.

leo49 11:52 03 Oct 03

Look under Tools/Accounts/Properties/Connection to reassure yourself - you'll see that Talk21 will be using your default IE connection setting unless you specify otherwise. If you've only got one ISP dialup connection then there is no other number it could use.

Regards

slowhand_1000 12:13 03 Oct 03

most likely that your lineone account will not get the talk21 emails. I used to be with lineone dialup and it would not get my emails from 2 other accounts.

As far as I know the only way is to let it dial up its own number to get mails

keenan 12:21 03 Oct 03

This collects all mine, with no problems click here

Peverelli 14:43 03 Oct 03

When I used dial-up I had a Freeserve Anytime account and a LineOne 'pay as you' go account. I had both set to 'any available' with Freeserve as the default. I was able to collect emails from both accounts using either account. Look under Tools/Accounts/Properties/Connection and, under dialup, make sure there's a tick next to 'Ask before switching Dial Up connections'. That will alert you should the PC try dialling a different number.

PS, no question is silly - if you're not sure about something then you have to ask :O)

Border View 20:18 03 Oct 03

Thanks everyone for responding. Sorry I've just got back to you.

Thinking it through I realized that my LineOne dial up is the only one I have so theoretically any e-mails to talk21 should come through on Outlook Express.

I've tried a couple of test runs sending an e-mail to myself at talk21. It shows as being downloaded in Outlook Express but doesn't appear in my Inbox. And there is nothing in my Talk21 account.

Can anyone please advise where it has gone?

T

Border View 20:43 03 Oct 03

I have rules in Outlook express which says that anything which is not addressed to my two specific e-mail address (those at LineOne and Talk21) should be deleted. I have tried sending test messages to myself and can see them being downloaded into Outlook Express but they are now showing in my Inbox (at the tearing hair out stage) Can anyone please tell me where these messages are going.

Without a solution looks like I shall have to revert to accessing Talk21 each time I wish to access my e-mails.

Border View 21:20 03 Oct 03

Think I'm getting there. Thank you for everyone's help. Lesson - you have to get your Outlook Express Message Rules right.

Peverelli 03:30 04 Oct 03

You say you think you're getting there Linda and now you've ticked it as resolved, so I assume you now know you've got there. :O)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…