Outlook Express on a network

Faser 17:46 22 Jun 04

I have networked my PC and laptop and can share folders and printer. However I’m not sure of the best way to organise my emails.

I am using the PC for mail at the moment, if I set up O.E on the laptop as well will it cause problems. Also I will need keep track of my mail, preferably sharing it on my network.

Any suggestions please?

spikeychris 17:57 22 Jun 04

It depends what you want to do, Outlook Express is not designed as a network product and if you try to create a common message store you are asking for problems.

Outlook was designed to be used on a network and works far better.

You could take the POP out of the laptops server so that both will send but only the desktop will receive.

Faser 18:18 22 Jun 04

Thanks spikeychris, I have Outlook as well and will change to it when I have time.

I like your idea of stopping the laptop receiving mail and will do that for now. I can view emails using the mail providers web site when away from home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…