Outlook Express on a network

Faser 17:46 22 Jun 04

I have networked my PC and laptop and can share folders and printer. However I’m not sure of the best way to organise my emails.

I am using the PC for mail at the moment, if I set up O.E on the laptop as well will it cause problems. Also I will need keep track of my mail, preferably sharing it on my network.

Any suggestions please?

spikeychris 17:57 22 Jun 04

It depends what you want to do, Outlook Express is not designed as a network product and if you try to create a common message store you are asking for problems.

Outlook was designed to be used on a network and works far better.

You could take the POP out of the laptops server so that both will send but only the desktop will receive.

Faser 18:18 22 Jun 04

Thanks spikeychris, I have Outlook as well and will change to it when I have time.

I like your idea of stopping the laptop receiving mail and will do that for now. I can view emails using the mail providers web site when away from home.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…