Outlook Express missing toolbar

Newuser2090 18:15 20 Mar 06

A friend of mine using Windows XP on her laptop has lost the standard toolbar on outlook express 6. If you right-click on the menu bar and click on toolbar, nothing happens. I have followed the complicated instructions in the MS Knowledge Base to no avail. I also tried uninstalling her Qurb spam filter, but still no joy.
A local computer shop says she will need to format the hard drive, but can anyone suggest any further options, to avoid having to do this.

rawprawn 18:27 20 Mar 06

Try a System File Check go to Start/Run/type sfc /scannow you will need your XP CD

jimv7 18:31 20 Mar 06

Open outlook express/view/layout put a tick in the 'show toolbar' box.

Marsh Warden © ™ 18:35 20 Mar 06

If all else fails click here and try the last entry under problems.

Newuser2090 18:59 23 Mar 06

rawprawn and jimv7 - thanks for suggestions, but I had already tried both.

Marsh Warden - A million thanks from my friend. I created a new identity for her and Hey Presto - the toolbar returned! It took a while to get everything else transferred but all is OK now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…