Outlook Express Migration

Lio 16:14 14 Jan 06

Could someone please help, I have purchased a new computer and would like to transfer a large number of e-mails from one to the other. Unfortunately I do not have the option of connecting them directly together and sending them individually to somewhere like hotmail and then back again would take rather a long time. (I have something like 400 messages!) I am using windows xp service pack 2.

Thank You

Skyver 17:32 14 Jan 06

Can you burn a message database to a CD? If not, plug in a USB flash drive, or compress them with something that will `span` them across a number of floppy disks -
click here.

In Outlook Express right click on Inbox, select Properties, this will give you the path to inbox.dbx, for instance: C:\Documents and Settings\Your name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{*******-*****-****-****-************}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Inbox.dbx. OK. Now copy this path, WITHOUT “inbox.dbx” into the address bar of Windows Explorer, and press ENTER

Lio 18:35 14 Jan 06

Thanks Skyver

Just one more question, do I just copy the file back from the CD into the inbox.dbx file?

PC Bilbo 19:11 14 Jan 06

If your copying from to XP from another XP or win2000 machine, I did this really easily using the Transfer Wizard in XP starting with the machine you want to copy to and follow instructions on screen.

With a minimum 256MB USB Drive you should be able to transfer all your email settings, emails and internet explorer settings in one go so you are ready to go online with new pc without having to manually set up.This way you retain all your passwords,browser preferences and favourites.

bellababy 19:29 14 Jan 06

>

Lio 21:00 14 Jan 06

Thanks everyone, I have managed to complete it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac