Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook

Eddy Merckx 19:14 07 Sep 04

I have outlook express as my default for emails, I would like to know if I can have Microsoft Outlook as a default also and use the same address book

Djohn 19:22 07 Sep 04

You can use the same address book, I think! If not then it's just a matter of importing/exporting one to the other. As for which application you have as default then you need to choose as you can only by definition have one or the other.

If you have Outlook set as default, [Same as I do] then place an Express Icon on your desktop for access to mail, incoming/outgoing but click on "No" when it ask you if you want to make it the default, it will then open for you to use but Outlook will still be your default next time you go to use it.

VoG II 19:24 07 Sep 04

Only one of them can be the default but there's no reason why you can't use both - I do.

As far as I know they cannot share an address book. However you can import contacts from each one's address book into the other, although this could prove a bit of a pain keeping them synchronised.

VoG II 19:25 07 Sep 04

Evening Sir!

hellred 20:05 07 Sep 04

Can you explain why if ever would you want 2 E-mail clients ????

You can set up as many accounts within outlook and collect mail anywherem as it is now you would have to open each at a time and download your mail, all that will take twice as much time as opening one E-mail client and collecting all yor mail at one time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…