Outlook Express message Grrr.

Bagsey 21:54 02 Jun 07

I am using Outlook Express and I have started getting the follow pop up message every time I close the program down.

To free up disk space Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take up to a few minutes.>

Can anyone please tell me how to stop this message appearing. It is driving me grrrrr.

Thanks for any help.

Technotiger 21:59 02 Jun 07

Hi, this is quite normal - just click on Yes or OK whatever it says - I can't remember exact wording, but just agree to it compressing.

lotvic 01:28 03 Jun 07

Yep, it's normal Outlook Express has to do it every so often to tidy itself up - it's part of the program.

Ignore the copies that will then appear in the Recycle Bin, this also is normal they can be deleted when you empty the bin.

Bagsey 09:22 03 Jun 07

This never happened at all to over the last 8 or 10 years or so, now since I was forced into putting on SP2 I get it every time I close down OE and I find in jolly annoying. It must be a product of SP2.
Thanks anyway for your advice.

VoG II 09:28 03 Jun 07

If you do what it says then you won't be troubled by the message again - until you've used OE 100 times again.

Bagsey 11:46 03 Jun 07

Ok Thanks I will Compact then.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…