Outlook Express - Main Identity

Flying Teddy 18:25 18 Jan 07

For years, I have been happily using Outlook express, currently OE6. Recently I noticed that instead of my name displayed on messages and printouts, it says 'Main Identity' instead. My account name is correct in the account settings. I can still send and receive messages ok to my named email address.

I don't know exactly when this started, hence I can't tell what caused it. Can anyone tell me how to restore my actual name?

recap 18:34 18 Jan 07

"To change the current identity's settings

On the File menu, point to Identities, and then click Manage Identities.
Change any of the settings.
To change your identity name or password, select your identity name, and then click Properties.
To change the identity that opens on startup, select an identity from the drop-down list. (If the check box is cleared, you will be prompted for the identity you want each time you open an identity-aware program.)
To change the identity that you want all programs (identity-aware or not) to use when performing automatic processes, select an identity from the bottom drop-down list."

From OE Help, there are more items in here. Go to the Search option in Help and type in Identity, this will give you a list of options.

Flying Teddy 18:42 18 Jan 07

.. you're a star. That's the perfect answer! It worked. I do feel a little silly, after all it's well known that if all else fails, read the handbook. I just forgot to go to 'help', preferring to ask here.

I just have no idea why it changed in the first place - no matter.

Thanks for your input.

recap 09:41 19 Jan 07

No problem Flying Teddy. I sometimes come here first as It can be quicker than doing a search.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…