Outlook Express links not opening

yinghau 19:15 16 Oct 03

Dear All,

I would be grateful for any input regarding my problem.

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed that when I have an e-mail on Outlook Express, I am unable to successfully open up any links that are within the e-mail. What happens when I click on a link (web address), an internet explorer window opens - but it's blank and just has an hour-glass over it. I can wait for hours, and nothing will happen. However, when I click on the "stop" sign and then "refresh" the page - I am able to obtain the link. This problem is more a nuisance than a major problem. However, I experience a somewhat more inconvenient problem on some websites where I click on a link and smaller window opens up but nothing appears in it (forever!). The problem with the smaller window, is that it doesn't display a "stop" or "refresh" icon - so I am unable visualise the intended link whatsoever. One example website is click here

I have installed all the latest Windows Updates and have the most up to date Java software. I have tried disablng my Norton firewall and attempting to restore to an earlier "system restore" point with no success. Is anyone out there able to help?

fyi, I have an AMD 3200+ XP, 1GB RAM computer.

Many thanks.

VoG II 19:17 16 Oct 03

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…