Outlook express keeps freezing on opening

terendak_uk 18:40 16 Oct 04

WHen it first happened, I used the great advice from this Help forum , by runniing sfc /scannow, with the XP disk in the drive. It fixed it! Great.........for about 30mins of use then it freezes again. If I then shut it down via task manager and re-open it freezes. If anyone can throw any light on this problem, I'd be most grateful. Got XP SP2, IE 6, with latest updates.

VoG II 18:56 16 Oct 04

It might be feeling stuffed. If you can get it to open, try

File/Folder/Compress all folders

terendak_uk 19:23 16 Oct 04

Can't open it unless I go thro the sfc routine and I can't do that until tomorrow, now. I really don't think it is "stuffed" but I could easily be wrong. Can I go into the various folders via explorer to empty them , for eg. Rather drastic but if I emptied the deleted bin( I tend to let that one grow.......just in case lol). I did a search for "*.pst" and only found an Outlook file ( I switched to Outlook for my emails while I tried to fix OE)

Tj_El 19:39 16 Oct 04

You might find your OE folders/files at:

C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\....\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Tj_El 19:40 16 Oct 04

..errr.. where "....\User\...." is the user account name.

terendak_uk 19:42 16 Oct 04

just getting to grips with Outlook and realised I could access all folders ......rather an embarrassing amount of "sent" mail, VoG™ . All backed up and then deleted. SO, folder all very light but......OE still won't open. Will try restarting PC, now.

terendak_uk 20:30 16 Oct 04

restarting hasn't fixed it......Any further ideas would be appreciated. Thanks for your comments, Tj_El. "Outlok express" isn't there!!??? Only Outlook. I only started using Outlook after this problem occured. Interestingly, my partner's OE has just gone the same way too!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…