Outlook express keeps asking for password...?

Rickyv 17:41 01 Sep 06

When i open or press send/recieve on Outlook Express, a window pops up asking for the username and password. I enter in the correct username and password, click ok and then the window just pops up again. I know that the password and username are correct and i have ticked the box to remember the password, but the window still pops up. What can i do...any ideas? thanks

Diversion 17:47 01 Sep 06

The easiest way is to delete the account and make the account up from scratch.

Stuartli 17:48 01 Sep 06

Have you tried re-entering the username and password involved in Accounts?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:53 01 Sep 06

Outlook Express keeps prompting for your password
click here

Woolwell 17:53 01 Sep 06

It could be a problem with your ISP.
Can you access your e-mails through web mail?

Rickyv 17:58 01 Sep 06

ive tried re-entering the password in the accounts but that didnt stop it

sheila.weston 18:02 01 Sep 06

Just a thought - have you tried clicking on cancel? That works with my second email address, which does the same as yours.
Sheila

Newuser939 18:04 01 Sep 06

It may be irrelevant to your case, but when I tried to help a friend who had exactly this problem, it turned out that I had not realised that his user name was completely different from his email address - not even similar, so you may just want to check that you have entered the user name correctly.

Altruist 18:06 01 Sep 06

See if it's your Firewall causing it:

Check the configuration of your firewall software
Configure your firewall software to grant access to the Internet for the following files:• For Outlook Express: Msimn.exe
• For Outlook: Outlook.exe
By default, most e-mail clients have to have outbound access on port 25 and inbound access on port 110. For more information about the ports that communicate with your e-mail server, contact your ISP or system administrator.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…