outlook express incoming mail server

Kingfisher 15:40 20 Dec 05

I have just set up my mates laptop with bt broadband using an adsl 205 router. I have set up his email account, and it sends and receives fine, but on a restart the incoming mail server changes from the corroect address which is mail.btinternet.com to 127.0.0.1.
I have rentered the correct details and it works fine, I am sure I have all the write boxes ticked and can connect to the internet and send mail ok but the incoming mail server still defaults back to 127.0.0.1 on a restart or reboot. Can anybody help get mail.btinternet.com to stay as the default.
many thanks

PaulB2005 15:45 20 Dec 05

What anti spam / anti virus does he have installed? McAfee and some others change the incoming address to 127.0.0.1 which is the Loop Back Address and the location of the Anti Spam/ Virus software.

That way the Anti Spam / Virus can scan the incoming mail first and then pass it to Outlook.

Leave it at 127.0.0.1

Kingfisher 15:51 20 Dec 05

if I leave the address at 127.0.0.1 He does not receive any emails, if I change it to mail.btinternet.com then all his emails download o.k So cannot leave it as you suggest. n.b. he has Macafee internet security

PaulB2005 16:07 20 Dec 05

McAfee is making the changes. It looks like he needs to configure the Anti Spam software so it works properly.

PaulB2005 16:10 20 Dec 05
  PaulB2005 16:25 20 Dec 05

Sorry wrong link - click here instead....

Kingfisher 16:52 20 Dec 05

Thanks for your help, With all the info you have provided I should be able to sort it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…