Outlook Express - Incoming mail addres resets

Jonah(without the whale) 21:20 19 Dec 06

Help please.

I've been using ccleaner lately (excellent) but since I ran it the other day (might be coincidentslly) every time I log off the machine the incoming mail server address which should be mail,btinternet.com is set to 120.0.0.1 (or similar). It's a hassle to have to keep changing it back to what it should be using the route: Tools/Accounts/Properties/Servers/Incoming mail
and I did not have to do this previously. Any ideas please.
By the way it's OE 6.

skidzy 21:26 19 Dec 06

Normally its your AV or antispam settings that causes this known as a loopback.
May be of help click here

and click here

Jonah(without the whale) 15:25 29 Dec 06

Thanks for your help. I thought if the problem is antivrus checking or another security issue then I reckoned McAfee, which I use, should be asked. So I mailed McAfee's customer support and they quickly sent me a link to the instructions as to how to set up email filtering (which I was previously using without problem, but must have needed changing) and so, I did what they said and all is well. The instructions did not match exactly what I had to do - the McAfee screens did not appear in the order they said, but they were easy to follow and get right. The link is:
click here

I hope this helps someone else.

And thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…