outlook express - identities

SeedyBee 11:05 14 Feb 06

If you set up a new identity, can that identity have mail posted to it and not to the main identity. If so. is the mail sent to the identity private?

Ikelos 11:49 14 Feb 06

1....Yes you can.............

2...it is till someone goes into the folder.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:02 14 Feb 06

1. yes you can

2. set a password for the idenity and no one can access thier mail

SeedyBee 12:03 16 Feb 06
  Simsy 12:12 16 Feb 06

between "identity" and "account"...

(I'm assumming Outlook Express here... I asssume it's the same for other e-mail programs?)

An "identity" can have more than one "account", i.e. e-mail address. It doesn't matter what the address(s) are, (providing they aren't exclusivly Webmail addresses).

Does that help at all?

Regards,

Simsy

SeedyBee 12:21 16 Feb 06

Afraid I am a little confused - easily done - Yes outlook express is used. Not sure about the rest. Any chance of an example - if you have the time?

pimpers 00:49 22 Apr 06

To set up more than one identity with an ISP E.G. Virgin.net.(same applies to any ISP, NTL, BT, Tiscalli

You will have to log on to "your account" on the Virgin home page. Enter your password and username. Now look for adding new email address's, you should now have the main email address already filled in. Down the page you will see blank box's for you to fill in your chosen email address. You may have to choose one that is not already been used by another person.

Once you have your new email account set up with the ISP you can now add your new identity. Try these to help you.
click here or here click here

Good luck.

Pimpers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…