Outlook Express - How to remove?

FCD 14:24 23 Apr 04

For some weeks, I have been unable to "send" e-mails using one of my ISP under Win XP. I can receive ok from this ISP and send and receive from my alternate ISP. I have tried resetting the e-mail account and the dial up settings many, many times but always get the same error whrn I try to send using this ISP. The error message tells me the connection to the server has failed and refers to the server SMTP.LineOne.net [the relevant connection]with a socket error and error number.

LineOne's only help has been to syggest that I reset all my settings [done many times].

I would like to try un-installing and re-installing OE but the Win XP add/remove feature only allows me to remove ACCESS to IE and OE - not to remove the programme.

V grateful for any help on how to remove OE without removing and re-installing the whole OS.

Many thanks

johnnyrocker 14:31 23 Apr 04

delete the account and recreate it? google search for error number.

pmjd 14:50 23 Apr 04

To remove OE this guide might help click here

Another problem could be corruption in the winsock. There is a handy tool called "winsock fix" that I have used to sort out a corrupt network stack before. A bit more of a serious problem but might be handy. Unfortuantly I cannot remember where I got it from, and it is on my home computer far far away at the moment.

Eric10 15:13 23 Apr 04

If the ISP you are using for your Internet connection is BTOpenworld then I can't help you as they apparently don't provide an SMTP server for their customers. If it's someone else then the SMTP server for the account you are having problems with should be set to that of the ISP you are connecting with.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…