outlook express how do i get gmail

nonowtatall 14:08 PM 09 Mar 12

i have tried for hours to get my outlook express to do my gmail and it wont recognise it i followed all the instructions but to no avail is there something i am doing wrong i have no other mail on outlook and would like to use it as gmail is hopeless trying to save photos and other things it is a clutter

onthelimit1 14:25 PM 09 Mar 12

Run through this guide to make sure you're doing it correctly.

onthelimit1 14:26 PM 09 Mar 12

P.S. - make sure you do the first bit (modifying your gmail acct) first.

nonowtatall 18:16 PM 11 Mar 12

tried all that and still it wont work as I am with talktalk I am going to make a new mail address and load that in first as they are my provider then put gmail on wish me luck

lotvic 21:10 PM 11 Mar 12

I checked my settings and they are same as onthelimit1's link (using Outlook Express and I'm with Talktalk) and mine works perfectly.

Terry Brown 21:37 PM 11 Mar 12

In 'General' put your fulf email address-- You can change it after by using properties.

In 'Servers' use pop.gmail and smtp.gmail-- Click my server requires authorisation (pop3 does not work)

In ' Connection' - If you are using an always on connection, tick box and apply

In 'Security' leave alone

In Advanced. SMTP= 25 POP=995- Tick top 2 boxes.

Be sure to enable pop in Google mail.

Terry

lotvic 22:04 PM 11 Mar 12

Terry Brown most of that's not right, No offence meant but where did you get those silly settings from? as I said in my post my settings are as per onthelimit1's link and I'm using POP3

Woolwell 22:22 PM 11 Mar 12

I use gmail and I do not recognise Terry Brown's settings. There's some missing ".com"s and I don't have those advanced settings either.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED