OUTLOOK EXPRESS & HOTMAIL

David4637 14:12 04 Jul 08

I was told by MS that the protocol would be changed so that I would not be able to send/receive hotmail emails after 30 June, and I should use Windows Live Mail. Well I have not DL it, and OE is still working OK with hotmail.
Please let me know if you are finding hotmail is still working for you? Thanks David

Sea Urchin 14:20 04 Jul 08

I thought mine was continuing to work after the deadline, but it stopped yesterday pm (3 July). OE still appears to check Hot-mail, and reports No Messages even when there are - so it doesn't report an error. I guess they are "switching people off" in stages?

David4637 14:30 04 Jul 08

Thanks both, I sent myself a hotmail today and it was received OK, as you say they may switching off users in stages. Will leave it open for further day or so. David

David4637 13:32 05 Jul 08

Anyone else using OE and hotmail, and is it still working? Thanks David

benson68 18:02 05 Jul 08

Mine is still working. I saw an article last week about Microsofts "u" turn on this.
It was either in PCA or PCW I think.

Sea Urchin 18:40 05 Jul 08

Correct - Microsoft have delayed the "switch off" as per

click here

which makes it all the more mysterious that both Marg7 and myself can no longer access Hotmail via OE

David4637 13:51 06 Jul 08

Thanks for the MS link about MS putting the evil day off for accessing hotmail via OE. Trouble is for how long? Are well I suppose that leaves us to fight another day! David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…