OutLook Express. Hijacked by OutLook Today. Help

LAP 21:23 22 Dec 07

A friend has just been hijacked by OutLook Today.
She wants to continue using OutLook Express.

She is no longer receiving emails.

Can you help please. Thank you.

MAJ 21:33 22 Dec 07

In IE go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab and select Outlook Express in the Email field, click Apply and OK to exit.

p;3 22:07 22 Dec 07

also will help to know what her antivirus program is, her OS and her other protection programs?

LAP 22:15 22 Dec 07

MAJ, She tried your suggestion but it stayed on OutLook Today.

p;3, Have asked waiting reply.

Thank to you both.

LAP 22:19 22 Dec 07

p;3, Win XP & AVG 7.5

LAP 22:29 22 Dec 07

I am calling this a day will be back am tomorrow.
Thanks.

MAJ 23:43 22 Dec 07

Uninstall Outlook, that should allow OE to take over the association. Then reinstall Outlook (if you wish), it will ask to be the default email client, choose, No.

LAP 08:56 23 Dec 07

MAJ, unfortunately she has now had to go away and will not be back until late Xmas Eve. She is taking her laptop with her and is hoping to get an 'IT bod' to look at it. I have past on what you have said. I'll let you know how she gets on.

Thank you.

LAP 14:51 24 Dec 07

She has sorted it out. Here is her explanation.

'Our guys don't know how I did what I did to get outlook today, but the my folder had disappeared and that was why I couldn't get the page I was used to. They have now moved it out of my site so hopefully it won’t happen again.'

MAJ, this looks like what you suggested. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…