outlook express help

lorraine1 18:39 27 Sep 06

have just installed mcafee internet security suite 2005 and since then can not get outlook express to connect it comes up with the following error A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Server: '127.0.0.1', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15.

am new to computers so straight forward advice would be helpful.

VoG II 18:42 27 Sep 06

Disable e-mail checking in McAfee click here

lorraine1 18:59 27 Sep 06

dont know where to go to disable email scanning in mcafee.
tried the link but still a bit puzzeled.

STREETWORK 19:03 27 Sep 06

Open mcafee and look in the preferences or options. You should be able to disable it here...

VoG II 19:06 27 Sep 06

Look in the Help in McAfee.

lorraine1 18:58 29 Sep 06

mcafee has been uninstalled, outlook express keeps asking for a password, which is already there and the pop up box just stays on screen. could you please explain how to resume a normal outlook express and e-mail facility. as i cannot even read my e-mails and i know they are there from e-bay customers. can you please tell me how to set up a new outlook express using the same address

VoG II 19:00 29 Sep 06

Try this click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…