outlook express help!

nene01 15:33 05 May 06

I would like to use outlook express instead of aol email, i cant find it on pc its not in the start menu, could i of deleted it or didnt i have it anyway,i have windows xp, plz help thanks.

VoG II 15:59 05 May 06

It should be C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\msimn.exe

Jackcoms 16:04 05 May 06

Or go to Control Panel; Add/Remove Programs and click on Add/Remove Windows Components at the left-hand side.

Scroll down until you find Outlook Express and, if it's NOT ticked, tick it and click next and follow the instructions.

Have your Windows CD handy.

nene01 17:15 05 May 06

Thanks for your quick response VoG, i did what you told me to do,i opened outlook express in program files and found 12 files or programs but i couldnt open them. Thanks to you also Jackcoms and yes i got it but i couldnt send emails, it said, hotmail no longer allows email access via outlook express for free email accounts, does that mean i have to pay for the account, thanks to you both once again but were do i go from there, sorry to be a pain again.

VoG II 17:17 05 May 06

Yes, Microsoft no longer support the use of Outlook Express for the free version of Hotmail. It will work with the paid-for Hotmail.

remind 17:20 05 May 06

you can use Freepops if you don't mind a little setting-up, click here
circumvents the hotmail restriction and enables you to get your aol mail via oe too

nene01 17:45 05 May 06

Thanks VoG, remind and Jackcoms for all your help, where would i be without this great pc adviser helproom.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…