Outlook Express has stopped working

Jim W. 21 Aug 12

Since changing account details, OE no longer works. I get a Logon pop-up box each time, asking for username and passwork. However, this is all entered in the account boxes. I have checked Options and all seems to be OK. Any ideas please?

Forum Editor 21 Aug 12

This really belongs in the Helproom - I'll transfer it across now.

Woolwell 21 Aug 12

"Since changing account details" - I think that you need to explain a bit more. Have you changed e-mail address, ISP or what? Are your pop and smtp settings correct?

Jim W. 22 Aug 12

Hi, the email address has changed, but the ISP is the same. The pop and smtp setting are correct.

Woolwell 22 Aug 12

Can you log into webmail?

You will almost certainly need to double check your settings and especially the log in name.

lotvic 22 Aug 12

"email address has changed, but the ISP is the same"

You should have made a new account for the new email address.

'Tools', 'Accounts', 'Mail' tab, 'Add' button at top right and click on 'Mail' and fill in the details.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message