outlook express has lost the accounts option

eqpq 17:57 30 Jul 06

i am running XP sp2.
I have tried to set up a second e mail address and have gone to the Tools then Accounts option from the outlook express menu options to set up the new e mail account.
There is no Accounts option,if i try and access it from the Address book option it is there but nothing happens when i click on it.
I have tried re installing outlook but this has not fixed the problem.
I would rather not re install XP

HELP!!!!

Gongoozler 18:04 30 Jul 06

Microsoft tell us how to remove the accounts option from Outlook Express:

To remove the Accounts option from the Tools menu:
1. Start Registry Editor (click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK).
2. Locate the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express
3. On the right-hand side of page, double-click the No modify accts value.NOTE: If this value does not exist, on the Edit menu, click DWORD Value. Type No modify accts, and then press ENTER to save the name.

4. Change the setting of this value from 0 to 1, and then click OK.
5. Quit Registry Editor.

So it's reasonable that the reverse will work to restore the option.

Gongoozler 20:38 30 Jul 06

Gongoozler, thanks very much, seems to have done the trick, more worrying as to what changed it.

--------------------------------------------------

eqpq, thats one of the mysteries of Windows. It often does weird things on it's own.

I must admit the solution wasn't from me, I found it from another forum where someone had exactly the same problem. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…