Outlook express has gone AWOL

JONSKI489 16:38 21 May 08

Hi, my Boss has just bought a new laptop, gone through the setup screens etc etc, installed office 2003 and now outlook express has disappeared. I`ve looked through the microsoft website but can`t find anything. When i`ve tried downloading it from Tuscows it tells me that its already installed. No option to repair in add/remove programmes or in the start menu..I`m totally baffled. Cannot find it in files or folders anywhere. Thing is my boss is going to turkey on Saturday and needs the laptop to check his emails when he`s away.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Running Vista Basic

Thanks
Jon

PO79 18:13 21 May 08

I believe Outlook Express has been superceded by Windows Live Mail in Vista. I suspect what has happened is whilst installing Office 2003, Outlook has set itself as the default mail handler. If your boss is not happy with this you need to locate the "set access and program default" option (I'm sorry I am a dyed in the wool XP person so I don't know where it is in Vista) and set Windows Live Mail as the default mail handler.

JONSKI489 18:29 21 May 08

Thanks PO, that could explain why i can`t find outlook express.

malcolme 18:50 21 May 08

Windows Vista uses Windows Mail instead of Outlook Express.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…