Outlook Express Freezes

winksey 13:17 18 Dec 03

When I try to start my O.E 6 it starts and then freezes before it checks my mail, the only way I can get rid of it is to press ctrl/alt/del and cancel the operation. I am running Windows Me.

Jester2K II 13:37 18 Dec 03

Are you running AVG 6?

winksey 14:58 18 Dec 03

Sorry for the delay in replying Jester2K II, yes I am running AVG6.

TommyRed 17:12 18 Dec 03

^

Jester2K II 21:13 18 Dec 03

Disable AVG (right click tray icon Shut Down AVG Control Centre - you may have to also terminate the AVGSERV9.exe too) Open OE. If this works then you have too much stuff in your OE folders. AVG scans all folders when OE is opened - to many big attachments can cause AVG to hang.

Clear out as many e-mails as you can. If you have attachments you wish to keep save the attachments to the hard drive and delete the messages. Delete all deleted items. Compact the folders (Tools, Options, Maintenance, Clean Up Now, Compact Now)

Close OE.

Start AVG and open OE - it should work....

if not - shout

Jester2K II 21:14 18 Dec 03
  winksey 20:57 19 Dec 03

Thanks Jester2K II that did the trick much obliged to you. Merry Crimbo & Happy new year. Winksey

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…