Outlook Express Folder Saving

beaky 09:33 16 Jul 03

How do I save mail folders from Outlook Express onto my Hard Drive. The reason for this is that OE is hanging now and again and I expect its because there are a total of 15,000 messages in all the folders. I want to save these messages for statistical reasons so it makes sense to compress the folders, which I can do, but I just don't seem able to copy/move them to my hard drive. OE Help just says copy them to C drive or Floppy - but how?

Jester2K II 09:35 16 Jul 03

Drag and drop them a few at a time in to a new folder in Windows Explorer.

justvisiting 09:38 16 Jul 03

Have you tried creating a new folder in my documents and right clicking on the message to save it to that folder? With that many messages it would take ages so perhaps there is a 'select all' option?

Gingermum 09:44 16 Jul 03

Your OE folders are already on your hard drive. They have the extension dbx and have the same name as the folders you created. You can copy these onto a backup medium if you wish.
If you really want to keep so many messages you might be better using Outlook instead of OE because then you could archive your messages. It also allows you to edit received messages so you can change them to plain text and thereby save a lot of space.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…