Outlook Express Filter Rules.

gregori 02:53 27 Dec 03

Due to the large numbers of SPAM that one is expected to undure these days I have manually set up various filter rules in Outlook Express. Has been useful for sorting out known contacts and about a third of the SPAM. This leaves the inbox with the rest of the SPAM and the occasional "new contact" .
My question is this. Does anybody know how to backup or export these filter rules to another PC?

ch0pper 03:34 27 Dec 03

I had enormous difficulty in trying to sort out filtering for OE, so I adopted another approach.

I use Spam Inspector for OE v4.0 with superb results. It takes out almost every bit of spam that arrives and is very inexpensive to purchase online.

Look at click here

gregori 15:33 28 Dec 03

Refresh

Wak 15:50 28 Dec 03

Or you could try the FREE Mailwasher program??

beeuuem 17:26 28 Dec 03

This will tell you how to do it if you are happy to play with the Registry click here

tbh72 02:10 29 Dec 03

Gregori,

Unfortunately I cannot advise you how to back up and transport the rules to another machine. However I would just like to say GOOD ON YOU for taking time to use the rule facility.

With a little patience & practice you will be able to streamline your rules, making them more compact thus easier to program into another computer.

If you search the previous threads you might find some "gems" of ideas for OE rules from previous postings.

Well Done
Tony

gregori 23:44 04 Jan 04

Thanks buuem, your solution looks very promising. I shall try it. Also thanks to everyone who took an interest and offered their help.

gregori 17:40 06 Jan 04

buuem's solution works. Successufully transfered mail rules to the other PC. The only trip-wire (which is mentioned in the given text) was renaming the number in the pointy brackets. I used Wordpad as it has a "find and replace all" function.

It takes time to think of all the message rules that will block spams as for some reason the spammers do not make it easy. In fact I suspect that they want our attention even if we have made it blinding obvious that we do not want to know.
How about PCADVISOR hosting a collection on this website? Possibly with contributions from the rest of us.

To start it off.
V1AGRA
V.I.A.G.R.A
V'AGRA
My webcam
<<<<<<
>>>>>>
Infromation you have asked for.
No prescription

and so on, I'm sure you get the idea.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…