outlook express fault

broggs 18:39 04 Nov 03

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: '[email protected]', Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
This is what I get when trying to receive mail on outlook express.
I have O.E. on another partition and that is working fine.
AS the working Partition is a clone of the partition which is not working, I am a bit stumped as to what has gone wrong......Or is it just ntl.

broggs 20:43 07 Nov 03

bumpedy bump

A_World_Maker 21:01 07 Nov 03

For how long has this been happening?... if today, how many times have you tried and tried again?
Maybe try logging onto the website and seeing if they offer a 'server status' report?

Hogwarts 22:06 18 Nov 03

It's no consolation but I'm getting the same error message. The same 4 messages download with no problem and the error occurs on the 5th. My other identity works OK. Did you ever get it sorted?

broggs 19:52 19 Nov 03

no , not yet.I am opening the emails from another partition using o.e. but that is ok.

Hogwarts 20:37 23 Nov 03

NTL say that a "blockage" occurs sometimes. I've cleared mine by logging on to webmail on the ntlworld home page, checking the messages and deleting the unwanted ones. It's cleared the blockage and I don't get the error message anymore.

broggs 15:07 02 Jan 04

Downloaded two programs called anticrash and hare from dachshund software one has a windows optimise and the other has a windows repair feature.One of these did the trick.....can't tell you which one as I ran both then tried my email.
Believe me this was a last try as I had tried allways to repair it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now