Outlook Express — false error reports?

Jim Thing 20:47 24 Jun 05

A friend has asked for my advice on the following problem:

"Every time I connect to Outlook Express, I get a message in a box which tells me that 'Some errors occurred while processing the requested tasks.....' and the Details say 'An error occurred while establishing the Dial-Up Network connection "Wanadoo......." ' This is clearly a load of bull, as I simple remove the message and continue as normal with no problems whatsoever. However, it is a bit of a pain to see this thing appear every time. Can you suggest how I might get rid of it?"

I'm not sufficiently clued up to suggest either a cause or a cure, but this forum is full of folk who are, so ... all suggestions will be gratefully considered.

TIA

Jim

lotvic 21:52 24 Jun 05

Do you mean you get this message # Every time you OPEN Outlook Express and BEFORE you are connected to the Internet ? If so then it maybe that in Tools > Options > General you have got a tick in 'Send and receive messages at startup' so there will be an error as it cannot process that requested task. Remove the tick and see if that works

If that's not the answer then can you be more specific at what stage message appears :))

Jim Thing 22:00 24 Jun 05

Many thanks — I'll pass your suggestion along, and I'll also see what else I can discover about the symptoms (I'm afraid I'm only passing messages here).

Cheers

Jim Thing 14:03 26 Jun 05

E-mail from friend:

"Yes, the suggested solution worked like a charm for the box which appeared before dialling up, but it still appears when disconnecting. Many thanks."

I didn't know that <quote> it also appears when disconnecting" </quote>. First I've heard of it.

Your 'fix' clearly solved the problem as it was originally reported, so I'll tick the box and thank you kindly on my friend's behalf.

Jim

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac