Outlook Express fails to send e-mails

Border View 10:59 03 May 09

Earlier this week I downloaded Microsoft latest updates, including IE8. Since then I have been unable to send e-mails via Outlook Express (My OS is XP Home with SP3). I can receive but not send. I have checked my account settings and they appear in order. E-mails are set to connect by any connection.

At home I am o2 LLU broadband. Here at my holiday home I use 3Connect mobile broadband.

I get the following error message when I try to send/receive.

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'O2 Email', Server: 'smtp.o2.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 Cannot connect to SMTP server 82.132.141.69 (82.132.141.69:25), connect error 10060', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67

Can anyone please advise on how to remedy this problem.

Sea Urchin 11:31 03 May 09

I would have thought that your SMTP server should be 3Connect instead of O2 while you're on holiday.

mgmcc 15:14 03 May 09

Unless O2's SMTP server supports "SMTP Authentication", i.e. you can log in with your Username/Password similarly to logging in to the POP3 server, then you *MUST* send mail with the SMTP server of the ISP you're connected to the internet with.

For the "3" network this is:

smtp-mbb.three.co.uk

Border View 10:46 27 May 09

Thanks fellas. Have decided not to mess with my settings and use instead a Yahoo mail address which serves my purpose.

Thank you for responding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac