Outlook Express Fails to display all messages cont

J. I. 15:18 31 May 05

Computer xp home, service packs 1&2, with latest edition of Outlook Express. My problem, when I open my attachments the ones with animated images fail to open or display contents. When I click on open a window appears. The blue window bar reads C:\Documents and settings\Local settings\Temp int files\Content ie5\bf... The main message window reads. This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel. Can anyone explain the reason for this message and why things are the way they are. Your help appreciated

DieSse 17:05 31 May 05

Can you please give the exact filename for the attachments that do not open - the problem (probably) is, you don't have the correct software for them.

The part in the filename after the dot is the important part.

J. I. 19:39 31 May 05

The file name after the dot are .jsp .dat .wsu There have been other file names which I previosly deleted. Non of which will open. Hope this can throw some light on the problem

Technotiger 19:59 31 May 05

Hi, it looks as if you are still using Internet Explorer 5 - I would advise upgrade to IE 6.

Technotiger 20:09 31 May 05

in addition you probably need to update your Java runtime routines - have a look at this site.

click here

You may already know this, but Java is needed on many sites in order to allow animated objects.

J. I. 20:27 31 May 05

I have IE6 on Comp although I am using latest version of Maxthon 1.3.1 as my browser. Can Technotiger advice on best Javas to download.

Technotiger 20:50 31 May 05

Hi, I would advise the Java2 Runtime Environment download.

DieSse 22:06 31 May 05

.jsp is a Java servlet related file

.dat can be almost anything, but is almost certainly NOT an animated image file

.wsu is a file extension that doesn't seem to exist in a list claimed to be over 10,000 extensions long!!!

So - you will ceratinly need Java, as recommended by Technotiger - the others could be anything at all - or nothing at all - take your pick ;-))

Technotiger 22:14 31 May 05

just a note - .wsu is something to do with Education - but don't ask me wot - cos I'm not that educated :-))

Joe R 22:14 31 May 05

click here

J2Se 1.4.2_08 SDK and JRE, is the one you require.

J. I. 17:00 01 Jun 05

Have D/Loaded J2Se 1.4.2_08 SDK and JRE as rec by Joe R and saved to my docs. Each have a windows offline and a windows installation D/Load. Making four in total. Can you tell me Joe R if I install all four, or just two. The windows installations d/loads are quite small when compared to the windows offline d/loads. I do appreciate your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…