Outlook express errors

julia1971 21:23 02 Feb 04

When I switch on my computer it shows that on my settings I have 40 messages. When I open outlook express it shows me to have 3 unread messages. Wether I open these or not or wether I just delete them it duplicates them every time I go into outlook express. I can not open any other e-mails that I have been sent and have been informed that I have 20 awaiting to be opened which need to be dowloaded.

It also shows that I have got 4 of 9 messages in the traffic que.
This is a new computer and a new e-mail to me. I was originally on btopenworld but have gone on to bt broadband.

VoG II 23:13 02 Feb 04

click here may help you with the incorrect reporting of new mails.

Can you set Outlook Express to delete messages off the server after downloading? Sorry, I use Outlook and I don't know (but should) where that setting is in OE.

Does your ISP have a webmail facility so you can access the mails in Internet Explorer and delete them from there?

This will bump you to the top anyway.

Jackie-209613 23:40 02 Feb 04

I have had similar problems, but it always ends up being the ISP at issue. after many months of getting stressed, I now switch off, wait 12 hours (next day), then logon. All then OK.
Daft but true.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…