Outlook express errors

julia1971 21:23 02 Feb 04

When I switch on my computer it shows that on my settings I have 40 messages. When I open outlook express it shows me to have 3 unread messages. Wether I open these or not or wether I just delete them it duplicates them every time I go into outlook express. I can not open any other e-mails that I have been sent and have been informed that I have 20 awaiting to be opened which need to be dowloaded.

It also shows that I have got 4 of 9 messages in the traffic que.
This is a new computer and a new e-mail to me. I was originally on btopenworld but have gone on to bt broadband.

VoG II 23:13 02 Feb 04

click here may help you with the incorrect reporting of new mails.

Can you set Outlook Express to delete messages off the server after downloading? Sorry, I use Outlook and I don't know (but should) where that setting is in OE.

Does your ISP have a webmail facility so you can access the mails in Internet Explorer and delete them from there?

This will bump you to the top anyway.

Jackie-209613 23:40 02 Feb 04

I have had similar problems, but it always ends up being the ISP at issue. after many months of getting stressed, I now switch off, wait 12 hours (next day), then logon. All then OK.
Daft but true.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017