outlook express errors

sopwith 07:46 13 Oct 03

im having no joy sending or receiving mail via above have contacted isp they say its not down to them.
can i uninstall abov and reinstall it easily
o/s is xp home

Lozzy 07:51 13 Oct 03

what error messages are you getting?? I take it that your ISP has checked your POP and SMTP address and password??

johnnyrocker 08:55 13 Oct 03

it s a simple enough procedure to unin/reinstall it but as posted check your incoming and outgoing servers and more importantly have a look in th eproperties of the account and see what it is set to ie 'connect using?'

cheers.

johnny.

sopwith 10:18 14 Oct 03

dear mr rocker have checked everything with isp a o/k
can you explain in simpe english to a computer nugget ow to remove and re install above
ive tried all the ways i know but keep getting this programme is being used by another person or computer the macine is not
cheers

johnnyrocker 11:43 14 Oct 03

the message saying being used etc would indicate that the 'connect using' is wrong, however go to tools/accounts/mail highlight the account and click remove in top right hand corner.

close out look and re boot then.
open outlook and go to tools/accounts/mail/add/mail and follow the wizard installer having first remembered details like server password etc

good luck.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…