Outlook Express error on "reply"

Borlane 11:00 24 Jun 07

Hi, When I try to reply to a message in my Inbox, I click on the Reply tool and as soon as I begin to type the message (but not every time)I get the error message: "Outlook express has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
We have created an error report that you can send to help us improve Outlook Express. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

To see what data this error report contains click here." Then as follows:

“Error signature
AppName: msimn.exe ApVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.126002180 Offset: 0003426d

Reporting details

This error report includes: information regarding the condition of Outlook Express when the problem occurred; the operating system version and computer hardware in use; your Digital Product ID, which could be used to identify your licence; and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer. Etc, etc (the rest to do with privacy policy).

To view technical information about the error report, click here.

XP SP2 Any advice welcome please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:20 24 Jun 07

Outlook Express and Internet Explorer share many files. Perform a repair of Internet Explorer. From Control Panel select Add/Remove Programs. Scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer and highlight it. Click on the Add/Remove button. When the IE Tools menu comes up, select Repair. Click OK.

Also, you can get to the IE Tools menu by clicking Start > Run and type

rundll32 setupwbv.dll,IE6Maintenance

If still no joy, uninstall and reinstall Outlook Express.

skidzy 12:29 24 Jun 07

Also try IE6 repair (fixes OE also) click here

skidzy 12:32 24 Jun 07

Unless through choice (IE6) the latest IE is version 7.

If you have not updated your system recently,i suggest you vist Microsoft and get the latest updates click here and select Microsoft update from the panel on the left of your screen.

Borlane 17:48 24 Jun 07

I couldn’t get at the IE Tools menu through the Control Panel etc.
The run file suggested gave an error message and then I realised that I have IE7 not IE6, so I changed the 6 to 7 but it still didn’t work. I have suspected that I might need to uninstall/reinstall OE but don’t have the confidence to do this without some detailed instruction e.g. will I loose my email message files if I do this? Do I need to back up my email folders first? I do have instructions on how to do this bit. Any further help will be welcome. Thank you for contributions so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac