Outlook Express Error No. OX800CO155

grannyjan 21:33 20 Oct 05

Hi there I have a problem with Outlook Express 5.0

I cannot access my emails. A error report comes up stating:

An Outlook Express store file may be damaged. Please use a utility such as a Scan Disc to verify and repair any damaged files

What is a Scan Disc and where do I get one. Is there a free download available or is there another way of correcting this fault

I am using Windows Millennium

Many thanks in anticipation of your help...

VoG II 21:37 20 Oct 05

Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click ScanDisk.

grannyjan 23:54 20 Oct 05

I do not see Scan Disk when i do what you suggested..I see Disc Cleanup is that the same thing?

Taff36 07:13 21 Oct 05

I think it is. If I remember rightly in ME scan disk became part of disk cleanup.

VoG II 08:52 21 Oct 05

Start, Run, type

Scandskw.exe

and click OK.

Taff36 11:44 21 Oct 05

Just checked a Windows Millenium Computer and it is where VoG said originally but his last post will get it running anyway.

grannyjan 12:08 22 Oct 05

I did as you suggested and when Scandisk appeared I asked it to check and to repair. It froze. I tried again and it froze, I tried a third time and asked it just to scan with no repair and it froze...!!!

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

VoG II 12:17 22 Oct 05

?Virus? click here

Taff36 13:07 22 Oct 05

Two suggestions. Do you have AntiVirus software and is it up to date? If not post back and we`ll recommend some free one`s. Do a full system scan including archive folders.

Secondly, have you tried doing the scandisk in safe mode. Typically you can get into safe mode by rebooting the computer and tapping the F8 key every two seconds or so when you see the "POST" check on the screen (This is the black screen with the white text telling you what the computer is recognising. You should come to another screen which gives you several options including safe mode. Use the up/down arrow keys to select it and press the enter key.

If you have problems getting into safe mode, it sometimes takes me three or four goes(!) post back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…