Outlook Express Error Code 0x800ccc34

scottyc 00:06 13 Jan 04

I am trying to set up my Hotmail account to operate via Outlook Express but keep getting the fault code 0x800ccc34, any ideas???

VoG II 00:14 13 Jan 04

You will find a variety of solutions click here

smegs 00:17 13 Jan 04

click here try this.

beeuuem 00:21 13 Jan 04

To set up Hotmail in OE

Accessing mail through Outlook Express 5.X and above.

We have developed an online automated tool to help you setup Outlook Express 5.x to access your msn mail account. To use this tool click on the following link, login using your msn email address and password then follow the online instructions

click here

If you would like to configure Outlook Express 5.X manually here are the instructions below:

Whilst running Outlook/Outlook Express, click Tools and then select Accounts.

Click the Add button and then select Mail.

In the Display Name textbox, type the name you wish to be associated with this account.

Click the Next button.

Click I already have an e-mail address that I’d like to use.

Then enter in the box below your Internet access user names appended with @msn.com e.g. [email protected]. Do not use [email protected] as this will not work.

From the My Incoming mail server is a <> server dropdown menu, select HTTP.

From the My HTTP mail server provider is dropdown menu, select Other.

In the Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server textbox, type

click here .

Then Click Next
In the Account Name textbox, type your MSN email address, [email protected] and in the password box enter your msn internet access password. If you do not remember your password we have online instructions to show you how to get a new one.

Open your web browser and go to click here

Click the Next button.
Click the Finish button and then click Close.

You will then be presented with a box asking you Would you like to download folders from the mail server you have added?

Click Yes. Once completed your msn mail box is now ready to use.

beeuuem 00:28 13 Jan 04

Sorry wrong info -

On the Tools menu, click Accounts.
In the Internet Accounts dialog box, click Add.
Select Mail to open the Internet Connection Wizard, and then follow the instructions to establish a connection with an e-mail.
When you get to the 'E mail server names' page from the drop down menu 'my incoming mail server is' select HTTP.
In the box 'Incoming mail(pop3,IMAP or HTTP) server' paste
click here

beeuuem 00:31 13 Jan 04

:-)

beeuuem 01:07 13 Jan 04

THe only reference I can find to that error number is click here
which refers you to click here

beeuuem 02:39 13 Jan 04

Received by mail

I have followed the automated link you sent, this appeared to work but I still cannot send emails, or receive them. I have also began to follow your manual steps but the drop down instructions differ form what are listed on your instructions. Thanks for the info though and any further advice would be appreciated.

What do you get in the drop down?

beeuuem 12:36 14 Jan 04

Received by mail:

Sorry for the delay in replying, basically the fields that appear are 'shaded'and are unable to be altered.

I have a vague recollection of this happening, but can't recall what the cure is. I hope this 'bump' will get a result for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…