Outlook Express error

Hofnar 13:56 06 Aug 05

My Outlook Express fails to download new e-mails. I can still receive messages on the BT Yahoo browser but on OE I get the following Error message:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com (1)', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 60134 octets', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
Can anyone help please?

VoG II 14:00 06 Aug 05
  Hofnar 14:49 06 Aug 05

I'm trying all the suggested possibilities but so far no success. Will now try and uninstall and re-install OE. Thanks for your help

Hofnar 14:01 11 Aug 05

It's nearly a week now that my OE suddenly stopped working. My e-mails are still downloaded to my BT Yahoo homepage but the connection to ISP fails. I get the following message:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com ', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E.
I've spent a long time on the phone to BT Yahoo, they say it must be Microsoft. I tried to follow the directions from Q318378 to reinstall and repair OE but after all that I still find the same errors. Any more suggestions PLEASE!!

Snec 14:22 11 Aug 05

My wife and I are on a home network with (more-or-less) identical setups, except hers is a later faster machine.

We connect to the internet via a router.

Her OE started doing as yours is, Hofner. I tried everything imaginable including reinstalling. Never did get it working properly again.

Final solution? -- Installed Firefox Thunder Bird for her. No more problems!

Hofnar 15:22 11 Aug 05

I've been toying with that idea too. I'm absolutely browned off about OE!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5