Outlook Express error

Hofnar 13:56 06 Aug 05

My Outlook Express fails to download new e-mails. I can still receive messages on the BT Yahoo browser but on OE I get the following Error message:
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com (1)', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '+OK 60134 octets', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
Can anyone help please?

VoG II 14:00 06 Aug 05
  Hofnar 14:49 06 Aug 05

I'm trying all the suggested possibilities but so far no success. Will now try and uninstall and re-install OE. Thanks for your help

Hofnar 14:01 11 Aug 05

It's nearly a week now that my OE suddenly stopped working. My e-mails are still downloaded to my BT Yahoo homepage but the connection to ISP fails. I get the following message:
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.btinternet.com ', Server: 'mail.btinternet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E.
I've spent a long time on the phone to BT Yahoo, they say it must be Microsoft. I tried to follow the directions from Q318378 to reinstall and repair OE but after all that I still find the same errors. Any more suggestions PLEASE!!

Snec 14:22 11 Aug 05

My wife and I are on a home network with (more-or-less) identical setups, except hers is a later faster machine.

We connect to the internet via a router.

Her OE started doing as yours is, Hofner. I tried everything imaginable including reinstalling. Never did get it working properly again.

Final solution? -- Installed Firefox Thunder Bird for her. No more problems!

Hofnar 15:22 11 Aug 05

I've been toying with that idea too. I'm absolutely browned off about OE!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…