OutLook Express ERROR?

mattyc_92 19:15 28 Jun 05

Hi, just tried to send an e-mail, and got the following error:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 578, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Anyone know what this means?

Terry Brown 19:50 28 Jun 05

All I can think of is either your machine has a virus or trojan and AOL has blocked it, AOL has a problem-- The security settings on the receiving machine are set very high, and this has blocked it.

VoG II 19:52 28 Jun 05
  mattyc_92 19:55 28 Jun 05

Thanks for the replies...

Terry Brown

No viruses, spyware, adware, etc on the system as I only done these scans about 2 hours ago and all was clean

VoG™

I will try that now (I tried restarting my system, but that didn't help, so I will look at the settings as that link suggests)

mattyc_92 20:02 28 Jun 05

Ok... so I have checked all the settings and couldn't find anything wrong with them.... So I have removed the account from OE and created it once again...

I don't know if this has sorted out the problem, as I have ended up sending my e-mail through the AOL website instead...

Will tick this thread though...

Thanks for all replies...

mattyc_92 17:28 29 Jun 05

For the record, today I have been using OE and I am now able to send e-mail once more...

Thanks to all who repsonded to this thread.

danolito 11:37 04 Aug 05

I can't send mail in OE, I can receive mail, but not send it when I try to send it I get an error,
The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'Acronis trueimage deluxe', Account: 'Microsoft Mail', Server: 'smtp.uk.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 (IPT:OA) Use port 587 to send mail from your AOL screen name. click here', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC78. I'm with AOL winxp can someone help?

mattyc_92 11:57 04 Aug 05

Please start your own thread on your problem so others know that you need help (as this thread as been ticked because I managed to reslove this problem)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…